Jesus Said It
“As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you.”
John 15:9 (NIV) – “As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you.”
- God is love.
1 John 4:8 (NIV) – Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- Jesus’ life shows us God’s love.
John 15:13 (NIV) – Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
- God’s love is unconditional.
John 3:16 (NIV) – For God so loved the world, . . .
Titus 3:4-5 (NIV) – But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.
- Experiencing God’s love is transformational.
- Barriers to experiencing God’s love:
- Not understanding it.
- Not being open to it.
- Not feeling worthy of it.